Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Nadia Kilrick, who is the lady behind the name?


                              NADIA KILRICK





Who is Nadia Kilrick? I will tell you what I know about her
she is a great friend of mine and a great author . She has written these three books and is still writing and along the side she is the  Virtual Assistant at her publishing house Master Koda Publishing. Down below are questions I asked her to answer so for the ones that have yet to meet my BFF, you will be able to get to know who she is and how she comes up with her great stories. Such as People of Kilmservy Village, Escape Rough Hewn Book II, and her paranormal  story Ziggy Returns.
 


1.   What would you say is the most favorite part of being an author?
The freedom to work from home and use the creative side of my brain, which seems to dominate the more logical side. * snicker *
 
2.   Do you stick to one kind of book? Mystery, suspense, thriller, romance?
So far, my published work is thriller/suspense (Rough Hewn Trilogy) and paranormal (Ziggy Returns). However, I have a book for young children in the works, a romantic suspense and two nonfiction books.
 
3.   If you had to tell new writers something important about becoming an author what would it be?
Don't give up. Learn from every experience. Read. Read a lot and across genres.
 
4.   Out of all your books do you favor one over another? If so why?
I do have a favorite, yet published. I'll keep that to myself, just now. Out of the published books, I'd have to say, Escape. Although it contains a good deal of violence, it was a work of love and offers a glimmer of hope that love will win out in the end. Love for ones self, and for those who depend on you.
 

 
 


5.   Do you have any stories you want to work on in the future?

I'm always working on one story or another. I'm particularly drawn to the romantic suspense story I'm working on. It's one my mother can read, comfortably. That's important to me. Also, the children's book. It's for my grandchildren.

 

6.   How do you come up with your stories?

I don't really come up with them, for the most part. They are just 'there' – character start living their lives in my head and refuse to leave until I write their story down.

 

7.   Do you base your characters from people you know or are they completely fictional?

I think all authors use something from real life. A little quirk, usually comes from something we've witnessed in our daily lives. A walk through the mall turns up a lot of interesting things. The way a person leans against the corner of the wall as you walk by, someone's raised eyebrow as they listen intently to their companion over a burger lunch at the food court – those types of things. So, yes, there are some things that come from real life.

 

8.       Besides writing what is your most favorite thing to do?

Being with my grandchildren is tops. I also enjoy gardening and quilting.

 

9.   What do you want to accomplish in writing books?

Being an author has been a dream since childhood. I suppose, what I'd like to accomplish is  to have my stories out there, where they can bring joy to someone. Or, evoke some other strong emotion that causes the reader to see and think about something differently than they have before.

 

10.    How would you define Nadia Kilrick?

A definite introvert. I prefer the quiet of the woods on a moonlit night to any gathering under streetlights in the city. I guess you could say, I'm a country girl who feels she was born into the wrong era.





 


For more info on My Friend Nadia Kilrick you can find her at these websites:
 
 
 
§  Website: www.nadiakilrick.com
 
 
 


 So I hope you have enjoyed my blog today and that you look for Nadia's books on Amazon.com, I was privileged to read an advanced Ebook version of People of Kilmservy Village and enjoyed every bit of it. So go check out Nadia Kilrick you won't be disappointed.
Happy Reading,
AJ BROWN 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment